Are you ready to be spiritually illuminated by venturing deep into the ancient and indigenous landscapes and people of Africa? Join Sacred Sites Tours on The Equinox Adventure Tour of South Africa 6 -22 March 2019 and prepare to embrace the antiquity of the human spirit.
We invite you to transform the way you perceive yourself and others through peaceful meditation, ceremonies and by focusing your intentions over yourself and creation. We plan on awakening and reviving your spirit by touching ground on rich ancestral sites throughout South Africa. This enriching tour starts with the mysterious stone circles of Waterval Boven, continues on to the Kruger National Park and ends on the peaks of the magnificent Table Mountain.
Ancient knowledge and know-how will be presented by internationally acclaimed researchers, explorers and authors Michael Tellinger and Dean Liprini. We will divulge the secrets behind sacred geometries and natural healing herbs and even teach you how to make your own Shamanic tea. seed intention over your life.
Journey this 16 day Equinox Adventure Tour through the rich plains of this vibrant country, and experience the interconnectedness of the African spirit.
Our journey will take us from Great Zimbabwe Ruins, to South Africa the Village of Queen Modjadi, Rain Queen of Limpopo – to the Sacred Lake Fundudzi, “Thathe Vondo” Holy Forest of the Venda Tribe, – Famous Kruger National Park, the BIG 5 – The Giant Footprint & Adams Calendar – “The Birthplace of the Sun “Inzalo y’ Langa – the Mysterious Stone Circles of Waterval Boven – Cape Town, Table Mountain and the Cape Peninsula, The Great Motherstone and Fertility Caves, The Great Burial Cave and Ascension Cave, Cape Point, African Township and Traditional Healers – The Hippo Fertility Cave and Seed of Light – Paarl & Cape Winelands, all this and more!
An adventure of a lifetime!
ARRIVE Johannesburg (JNB) O.R Tambo Airport 5th March (please book your own night for the 5th March (Suggested everyone books Accommodation at City Lodge Oliver Tambo Airport) Arrive no later than morning of March 6th (not recommended) our bus will depart by 10 am on the 6th March for Stone Circle – Waterval Boven
DEPART 22nd March Cape Town International Airport (CTN)
6th March: Meet at reception 9am
10 am our bus will depart for Stone Circle Museum for lunch and an introduction to the Stone Circles by Michael, and a visit to the museum. Check into Malaga, sundowners and dinner.
7th March: Mysterious Stone Circles of Waterval Boven
These stone circles have mystified explorers for more than 500 years and continue to do so today.
Michael’s fresh approach to investigating these structures and the energetic fields around them has led to a new level of interest from scientists and researchers, historians and archaeologists alike, and has put South Africa on the map of unexplained ancient energetic sites of the world. We will spend the day visiting the Stone Circles with Michael and Dean.
After lunch we will hike through a valley littered with dozens of stone circles, channels and terraces for you to explore. Several of the stone artefacts in Michael’s museum were found in this area. At the end of the day we will enjoy sunset sundowners, a swim and relaxed dinner at our hotel.
Overnight Malaga Hotel
8th March: The Giant Footprint
Breakfast will be served before an early morning departure to the mysterious Giant Footprint near the border of Swaziland. It’s estimated to be between 200 million and 3 billion years old!
After marvelling at this incredible find, Michael will share his findings and Dean will share his insights to a Marker Stone nearby. Overnight Malaga Hotel
9th March: Adam’s Calendar
After a great breakfast, we will travel on to Adams Calendar in Kaapschehoop for an afternoon of leisure, we will be hiking, horse riding or visiting Kaapschehoop – a quaint historic mining town.
We will spend the day amongst these ancient monoliths that enshrine the great wonder and beauty of this incredible site. Michael will share his insights and research of the area over the past 8 years and Dean will add his own regarding the landscape and energies of this mysterious calendar site.
Here Michael will also share more about the Stone Man, Dumuzi’s grave, the ‘Workshop’, the first Sphinx and humanlike monoliths. After lunch, we will have another opportunity for hiking, relaxing or visiting Kaapschehoop – a quaint historic mining town. At around 4pm we return to Adam’s Calendar site, for a Magical Sunset Ceremony at Adams Calendar. Overnight at Silvermist Guest House
10th March: Kruger National Park
An early morning start as we travel into the Kruger National Park, from Numbi Gate, crossing the great Olifants (Elephants) River to overnight at the Letaba Rest Camp while taking in some game viewing while we drive through this exquisite park.
What animals will greet us what can we learn from these amazing animals? In the late afternoon and into the evening we will join a professional safari guide and head into the African Bushveld, for a sunset game drive.
An optional early morning game drive the following day (11 March) is also available at your own cost. This can be booked at Reception on your arrival at the hotel.
11th March: Rain Queen of Limpopo and Sacred Lake Fundudzi
We travel north towards The Village of Queen Modjadi, the Rain Queen of Limpopo. Set in the majestic green mountains just north of Tzaneen, in Limpopo, is the seat of South Africa’s only matrilineal – and most secretive – dynasty: the Royal Kraal of Modjadji, the Rain Queen of the Balobedu people. By special appointment we visit this royal village. We have lunch and see some of the Giant Ferns and Cycads found here. Travel on to overnight at Mashovhella Lodge
12th March: Sacred Lake Fundudzi & Thathe Vondo Holy Forest
Again with special permission and a local specialist guide we visit the sacred Lake Fundudzi said to be defended by a Venda python god who lives in the mountain on a rock.
The ancestral spirits who inhabit the lake are said to be guarded by a white crocodile. The fullness of the lake and its colour indicate the mood of the ancestors, and predicts the coming rainy season.
In the afternoon we visit the Holy Forest Thathe Vondo, a burial ground sacred to the Venda People, and is said to be protected by a half-man, half-lion creature called the Nethane. Special dinner experience at Mashovhella lodge
13th March: Great Zimbabwe
We enter Zimbabwe and are met by our local guides, we travel to the Great Zimbabwe Ruins, spend the afternoon at our amazing lodge and a magical sunset dinner.
14th March – Zimbabwe ruins – We have a full day wondering through the incredible structures that enshrine the Zimbabwe ruins. Our local guides will share with us their stories and legends. We will have plenty of free time to explore by ourselves the spirit and energies o this special place. Another magical sunset meditation and evening by the fireside.
Another full day exploring the ancient African landscape and the megalithic structures that rise out of these magical hills. Michael will share more of his insights to the Zimbabwe ruins and the ancient cultures, that spent time here. Dean will share more of his insights to the Earth Energy flows and sacred song lines traversing Africa and that are also found here . In the afternoon, an opportunity to explore some of the lesser known sacred sites and Bushman/San Rock Art in the area.
Time for group meditations and free time. African Sunset and Fireside dinner and story telling
16th March – Travel to Harare
We travel 300km to Harare here we will spend our last day exploring some amazing San Rock art at Lake Chivero here are some of the most unique Rock art ever seen in Zimbabwe over 2000 years old. Overnight in Harare.
17th March: Cape Town here we come!
Morning flight to Johannesburg O.R Tambo International Airport and connecting flight to the Mother City, Cape Town.
We arrive in the Mother City and check in to our accommodation. We enjoy a sunset dinner at Monkey Valley, overlooking the beach and the magnificent Atlantic ocean!
18th March: Table Mountain & The Great Motherstone
Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, a Peninsula enshrined by the two primal oceans – the Atlantic and the Indian.
We journey up to the top of Table Mountain, experiencing the energies of this incredible site – the legendary Umlindi Wemingizimu – the Stone Giant Watcher of the South!
We visit the Third Eye Chakra – the upward gazing Eye of the “Table Mountain Goddess”.
We will come together in a third eye meditation in this portal and then enjoy lunch atop the mountain.
After we descend we head for the westernmost edge of the Cape Peninsula to the Great Motherstone and Fertility Caves at Logies Rocks on Llandudno beach, an ancient Earth Temple honouring the Sacred Feminine. We do a sound healing meditation.
19th March: Ascension Cave & Pyramid All-Seeing Eye
In Sun Valley lies a Great Mother cave, an ancient sanctuary, burial cave and earth mother womb, where more than 14 skeletons were removed from their resting place. Come and meet the stone guardians overlooking this sacred cave of the ancients. Above is the ‘Cave of Ascension’, believed to be a ritual cave of rebirth and fertility. Aligned to the Summer solstice, this is one of the Cape’s most sacred caves.
We will visit the burial cave and show our love and respect while honouring the ancestors of this sacred place. We will then literally ascend to the crystalline Ascension Cave, to experience the light energies of this sacred portal.
Along the way, Dean will share more ancient knowledge of sacred geometries and healing plants and make a tea from the natural herbs in the area for all to share as we imbibe the energies that enshrine this special place.
At sunset, we visit the sacred Pyramid All-Seeing Eye Rock for a meditation. We will work energetically to better understand the divine masculine and feminine energies that enshrine this place of power and nurturance.
Dean will make a shamanic tea from the surrounding healing herbs to help imbibe the Earth Heaven Song and facilitate a deeper connection with the energies here. Here we connect to our solar plexus coming into our power and overcoming our fears.
20th March: Cape Point – Primal Base Chakra
After a scrumptious breakfast we will journey further along the Peninsula. En-route we will visit the Simon’s Town penguin colony – home to the African Penguin (previously known as the Jackass Penguin because of the ‘braying’ sounds they make. At the Cape of Good Hope, we place our feet in the ocean at this vortex of sacred waters to experience the powerful energies found here. This is the south-western tip of
Africa, the Divine Tuning Fork where we resonate with this great energy and get in tune!
Here at this powerful earth-energy point, at the primal Root Chakra of Africa, we move to the beach to perform a ceremony together – a seeding of intention into the primal womb waters and vortex where the great Indian and Atlantic Oceans converge. It is here where we will share a wonderful picnic lunch on the beach!
After our sharing, and if time allows, we will venture forth for a late afternoon stroll into the nearby African Township with Nuntonsi, our local guide. Here we will experience the feelings and emotions of life in an authentic African township. We will meet with everyday people, local musicians and traditional healers. We will be invited to join in a song and dance together.
20th March: 21st March: Equinox Sunrise Ceremony – Little Lion’s Head – Cape Winelands – Paarl Mountain – Sacred Hippo Fertility Cave & Seed of Light
This is it, the sacred day has dawned! We gather with others at the Sacred Pyramidal Mountain of Little Lion’s Head to share in a ceremony and experience a spectacular alignment and sunrise on the day of Great Balance on the Autumn Equinox. ”Magic is Afoot” with an opportunity to seed our individual and collective intentions for ourselves, humanity and our planet.
Morning breakfast in Hout Bay. Rest of day at your leisure, with opportunities include beautiful scenic boat ride from Hout bay to Seal Island, shopping at Hout Bay craft markets, shopping at Cape Town Water Front, African Curio Market at Green Market Square, pre-booked boat ride and tour to Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned or Sacred Hippo Cave & Wine lands for MORE (the Spirit of the Grape!).
Then back to MONKEY VALLEY RESORT and prepare for our final bash Drumming Circle on the beach, to celebrate our journey together to the sound of live African drumming. Let’s dance the night away!
22nd March: Shopping – Fly Home
Today is at your leisure. Make sure you book a late evening departure, to allow for a full free day. You may choose to go shopping at some of the wonderful African markets in and around Cape Town, or visit the Constantia Wine Farm for lunch and wine tasting or spend the day relaxing at the beach or the resort until you are due to fly out.
Other opportunities include a beautifully scenic boat ride from Hout Bay to Seal Island or a pre-booked boat ride and tour to Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned.
All activities are for your own arrangement and dependent upon when your flight departs. Shuttles will drive you to the airport.
GENERAL INFORMATION, REGISTRATION, TERMS & CONDITIONS & RELEASE OF LIABILITY: PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY
The Tour Includes the following:
- 16 Nights & 17 Days
- All transport upon arrival in South Africa (including 1 Internal Transfer Flight)
- All accommodation throughout the tour, including game lodge and a game drive
- All meals (except where stated)
- All admission fees for specialist tours and specialist guides at the various sites
- General tips (bus drivers, hotel porters, maids, tips for meals – you may tip personally when moved to do so)
Not included in tour price:
- All international flights are not included
- Beverages with meals
- Tips for guides
- General spending money
- If you arrive or depart other than with the group there will be additional transfer fees for being met at the airport, for transport to the hotel, and for accommodations beyond the duration of the tour
- Entrance visa to South Africa needs to be applied for before arrival
Accommodation and Meals:
- Tour accommodations are carefully chosen to provide tour participants with quality accommodations, hospitality, and service at reasonable cost.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included in the price of the tour where stated.
- Tour prices are based on two people sharing a room with either double or twin beds. (If you are travelling on your own we will pair you with another tour participant unless you have chosen a single room)
- A single room may be available at the stated single-supplement cost.
Passport & Visas:
Passport: You must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months after the date of departure. It is strongly suggested that you take a photocopy of your passport with you in case the original one gets lost.
Visas: Visas to South Africa are based on country of origin. Please check whether you will need an entry visa to South Africa: Citizens of the USA – do not require visas for South Africa.
Visa requirements Namibia: https://www.namibia.org.za/visa-requirements/
Visa requirements Botswana: http://www.gov.bw/Ministries–Authorities/Ministries/Ministry-of-Labour–Home-Affairs-MLHA/Tools–Services/Services–Forms/Requirements-for-VISA-application/
Visa requirements Zimbabwe: http://www.experiencezimbabwe.com/guide/visa-requirements
Please get travel insurance and relevant visas before booking this tour.
- Prices are based on double occupancy. Should you require a private room, the single supplement of $800 will apply.
- A deposit of $2,250 is due on or before the 30th Sept 2018 will secure your place on this tour – the balance will be due by the 15th Jan 2019.
- Once you have paid your deposit, you will be required to register for the tour using our Guest Registration Form
- Once the deposit and registration form has been completed you will receive an email confirming your place on the tour.
Our preferred option is Bank Transfers – these are the cheapest. (Bank transfers can take up to a week to reach us in South Africa)
FIRSTRAND Bank Ltd
Cnr Simmonds & Pritchard Streets, Johannesburg, 2000
Suid Afrika (ZA) Republic of South Africa
Branch Code: 250805
Swift Code: FIRNZAJJXXX
Payee Bank Account Name: SACRED SITE TOURS
Bank Account Number: 62555350124
Alternatively payments can be made via credit card through Paypal below. Extra €50 per payment to cover fees.
|Tour payment options
- A 50% deposit is required 4 months in advance for large groups of 15 people or more (as per registration details), to secure your reservation.
- The full payment of the cost of the trip must be paid at least 2 months before the trip starts (as per registration details), unless other arrangements have been stipulated.
- All cancellation must be in writing. If the reason for cancellation is covered by your insurance policy, you may be able to claim these charges from your insurance.
- Travel insurance is mandatory for all clients and must provide cover for medical expenses including evacuation and repatriation in an emergency.
- Each group or individual is responsible for all medical and other insurances and their own international travel arrangements.
- For unforeseen circumstances, you should consider personal accident, baggage, and trip cancellation
insurance – such policies are available through most travel agencies. Baggage, as well as personal items, such as jackets, cameras, purses, or packs are the sole responsibility of the owner.
If you need to cancel your participation, you may:
- Transfer your registration to another person
- Partial refunds may be given prior to 30 days before departure excluding deposit. No refund is given if cancellation is within 30 days of departure (as per registration details).
- Please send cancellation notice in writing to email@example.com
Although it is unlikely, if the tour is cancelled by us, you will receive a full and complete refund.
- Sacred Sites Tours reserves the right to alter any tour or to cancel any tour in which the minimum occupancy is not reached or for any other reason.
- We recommend that you take out trip cancellation insurance to cover refund of your airfare in such a case.
Terms & Conditions:
- Sacred Sites Tours reserves the right to alter the itinerary, the route, the transportation or accommodation with or without prior notice, should it be deemed necessary.
- Sacred Sites Tours reserves the right to adjust prices without notice, to reflect fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, fuel cost or tariff rates.
- Sacred Sites Tours purchases transportation, accommodation facilities and catering services from various independent suppliers that are not subject to its control.
- Sacred Sites Tours and its associates cannot, therefore, be held liable for any death, personal injury or any loss which may occur due to any act or omission of such supplier or by reason of any other event over which it has no control.
- While every precaution is taken for the safety of the clients, Sacred Sites Tours does not hold itself responsible for force majeure, any accident, injury, death, illness, theft, loss of or damage to any property or delays from any cause whatsoever sustained or suffered by a client, occurring any time during the trip. The client hereby indemnifies and holds blameless Sacred Sites , it’s members, co- facilitators Michael Tellinger and Dean Liprini, agents and helpers from any claim of whatsoever nature.
- Sacred Sites Tours and or its agents and associates give notice that all tickets, vouchers, or other issuance for conveyance or accommodation made by them, are made as agents for participants of Sacred Sites Tours upon the express condition that we are not liable for any accident, injury, damage, loss, delay, or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defect in any vehicle, or through acts or default of any hotel personnel. Sacred Sites Tours or its agents and associates accept no responsibility for losses or incidental expenses due to delay or change in schedules, hotel booking irregularities, defaults, accidents, sickness, quarantine, emergency, weather, strikes, war, or other causes. All such losses are the sole responsibility of the participants.The right is reserved to not accept or retain as a participant any person whose acts or conduct are judged to be detrimental or in conflict with the safety, interest, comfort, harmony, or well-being of the group as a whole.
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Health and Ability:
I am aware that this trip requires me to have an above average level of fitness and travel, camping, walking – often up hills, and in some cases bending and climbing, are daily activities, and I hereby affirm that I accept the inherent risks involved in exploring sites of antiquity, and that I do not have any physical, emotional, or other disability which would create a hazard for myself, my guides, or other tour participants.
Photography and Film:
I hereby agree to permit Sacred Sites Tours, its agents and other participants to take pictures and make video or film records without further approval or recourse, and I understand and agree that such photographs and recordings may be used for professional, commercial, and promotional purposes.
Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability:
In consideration of, and in part payment for the right to participate in the trip and services, activities and food arranged on my behalf by Sacred Sites Tours, its agents and associates, I do hereby state that I fully assume all risks of illness, injury or death. I hereby release Sacred Sites Tours, its agents and associates from all claims and action for damages in connection with the trip for which I am issuing payment. I concur that the foregoing shall be binding on me personally as well as on my heirs.
Payment, in the form of deposit, or payment, partial or full, shall constitute consent to all terms contained herein.