GENERAL INFORMATION, REGISTRATION, TERMS & CONDITIONS & RELEASE OF LIABILITY: PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY
The Tour Includes the following:
- 12 Nights & 13 Days
- All transport upon arrival in South Africa
- All accommodation throughout the tour,
- All meals (except where stated)
- All admission fees for specialist tours and specialist guides at the various sites
- General tips (bus drivers, hotel porters, maids, tips for meals – you may tip personally when moved to do so)
Not included in tour price:
- All international flights are not included
- Beverages with meals
- Tips for guides
- General spending money
- If you arrive or depart other than with the group there will be additional transfer fees for being met at the airport, for transport to the hotel, and for accommodations beyond the duration of the tour
- Entrance visa to South Africa needs to be applied for before arrival
Accommodation and Meals:
- Tour accommodations are carefully chosen to provide tour participants with quality accommodations, hospitality, and service at reasonable cost.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included in the price of the tour where stated.
- Tour prices are based on two people sharing a room with either double or twin beds. (If you are travelling on your own we will pair you with another tour participant unless you have chosen a single room)
- A single room may be available at the stated single-supplement cost.
Passport & Visas:
Passport: You must have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months after the date of departure. It is strongly suggested that you take a photocopy of your passport with you in case the original one gets lost.
Visas: Visas to South Africa are based on country of origin. Please check whether you will need an entry visa to South Africa: Citizens of the USA – do not require visas for South Africa.
Visa requirements Namibia: https://www.namibia.org.za/visa-requirements/
Visa requirements Botswana: http://www.gov.bw/Ministries–Authorities/Ministries/Ministry-of-Labour–Home-Affairs-MLHA/Tools–Services/Services–Forms/Requirements-for-VISA-application/
Visa requirements Zimbabwe: http://www.experiencezimbabwe.com/guide/visa-requirements
Please get travel insurance and relevant visas before booking this tour.
- Prices are based on double occupancy. Should you require a private room, the single supplement of an extra $600 will apply.
- A deposit of $1800 is due on or before the Nov 1st 2018 will secure your place on this tour – the balance will be due by the 15th Jan 2019.
- Once you have paid your deposit, you will be required to register for the tour using our Guest Registration Form
- Once the deposit and registration form has been completed you will receive an email confirming your place on the tour.
Our preferred option is Bank Transfers – these are the cheapest. (Bank transfers can take up to a week to reach us in South Africa)
FIRSTRAND Bank Ltd
Cnr Simmonds & Pritchard Streets, Johannesburg, 2000
Suid Afrika (ZA) Republic of South Africa
Branch Code: 250805
Swift Code: FIRNZAJJXXX
Payee Bank Account Name: SACRED SITE TOURS
Bank Account Number: 62555350124
Alternatively payments can be made via credit card through Paypal below. Extra $100 USD per payment to cover fees.
Top of Form
Payments, Refunds & Insurance:
Bottom of Form
- A 50% deposit of tour cost is required 4 months in advance for group tours (or date advised as per registration details), to secure your reservation.
- The full payment of the cost of the trip must be paid at least 2 months before the trip starts (or date advised as per registration details), unless other arrangements have been stipulated.
- All cancellation must be in writing. If the reason for cancellation is covered by your insurance policy, you may be able to claim these charges from your insurance.
- Travel insurance is mandatory for all clients and must provide cover for medical expenses including evacuation and repatriation in an emergency.
- Each group or individual is responsible for all medical and other insurances and their own international travel arrangements.
- For unforeseen circumstances, you should consider personal accident, baggage, and trip cancellation
insurance – such policies are available through most travel agencies. Baggage, as well as personal items, such as jackets, cameras, purses, or packs are the sole responsibility of the owner.
If you need to cancel your participation, you may:
- Transfer your registration to another person
- Partial refunds may be given prior to 30 days before departure excluding deposit. No refund is given if cancellation is within 30 days of departure (as per registration details).
- Please send cancellation notice in writing to email@example.com
Although it is unlikely, if the tour is cancelled by us, you will receive a full and complete refund.
- Sacred Sites Tours reserves the right to alter any tour or to cancel any tour in which the minimum occupancy is not reached or for any other reason.
- We recommend that you take out trip cancellation insurance to cover refund of your airfare in such a case.
Terms & Conditions:
- Sacred Sites Tours reserves the right to alter the itinerary, the route, the transportation or accommodation with or without prior notice, should it be deemed necessary.
- Sacred Sites Tours reserves the right to adjust prices without notice, to reflect fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, fuel cost or tariff rates.
- Sacred Sites Tours purchases transportation, accommodation facilities and catering services from various independent suppliers that are not subject to its control.
- Sacred Sites Tours and its associates cannot, therefore, be held liable for any death, personal injury or any loss which may occur due to any act or omission of such supplier or by reason of any other event over which it has no control.
- While every precaution is taken for the safety of the clients, Sacred Sites Tours does not hold itself responsible for force majeure, any accident, injury, death, illness, theft, loss of or damage to any property or delays from any cause whatsoever sustained or suffered by a client, occurring any time during the trip. The client hereby indemnifies and holds blameless Sacred Sites , it’s members, co- facilitators and Dean Liprini, agents and helpers from any claim of whatsoever nature.
- Sacred Sites Tours and or its agents and associates give notice that all tickets, vouchers, or other issuance for conveyance or accommodation made by them, are made as agents for participants of Sacred Sites Tours upon the express condition that we are not liable for any accident, injury, damage, loss, delay, or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defect in any vehicle, or through acts or default of any hotel personnel. Sacred Sites Tours or its agents and associates accept no responsibility for losses or incidental expenses due to delay or change in schedules, hotel booking irregularities, defaults, accidents, sickness, quarantine, emergency, weather, strikes, war, or other causes. All such losses are the sole responsibility of the participants. The right is reserved to not accept or retain as a participant any person whose acts or conduct are judged to be detrimental or in conflict with the safety, interest, comfort, harmony, or well-being of the group as a whole.
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Health and Ability:
I am aware that this trip requires me to have an above average level of fitness and travel, camping, walking – often up hills, and in some cases bending and climbing, are daily activities, and I hereby affirm that I accept the inherent risks involved in exploring sites of antiquity, and that I do not have any physical, emotional, or other disability which would create a hazard for myself, my guides, or other tour participants.
Photography and Film:
I hereby agree to permit Sacred Sites Tours, its agents and other participants to take pictures and make video or film records without further approval or recourse, and I understand and agree that such photographs and recordings may be used for professional, commercial, and promotional purposes.
Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability:
In consideration of, and in part payment for the right to participate in the trip and services, activities and food arranged on my behalf by Sacred Sites Tours, its agents and associates, I do hereby state that I fully assume all risks of illness, injury or death. I hereby release Sacred Sites Tours, its agents and associates from all claims and action for damages in connection with the trip for which I am issuing payment. I concur that the foregoing shall be binding on me personally as well as on my heirs.
Payment, in the form of deposit, or payment, partial or full, shall constitute consent to all terms contained herein.